Aesthetic & Comprehensive Dentistry
Patients who need a crown have often been frustrated by the long process and multiple visits to a dentist’s office to have their needs met. The CEREC system has eliminated the need to return repeatedly. This system can design a perfectly fitted crown to you in a single visit so that you’ll walk out the door with the smile that you deserve.
Previously, the process of getting a crown took weeks. While patients waited for their permanent solution, they were given a temporary crown. These crowns weren’t designed specifically for you, so their fit is often poor and sometimes even painful. Temporary crowns also have additional restrictions on what you can eat, leading to a change in your dietary routine. Patients have become frustrated with the senseless waiting when there is a better option.
Our dentist will begin preparing you for the crown the same way that they previously had. However, when the initial preparation is complete, they use a special camera instead of an impression mold. This digital camera creates an image of your mouth that can then be used to get exact measurements for your needs. The CEREC machine can comprehend and then design your crown in a matter of minutes. Once the crown has been created, our dentist can simply cement the crown in place, and you are on your way home!
If the simplicity of that process hasn’t completely sold you on a CEREC same-day crown, we’ve compiled a list of our patient’s top ten benefits.
1. Get a New Smile Today: With the CEREC system, you can walk out of the office with the full healthy smile that you deserve. This means that you don’t have to spend additional days or weeks hiding your smile from your coworkers and friends.
2. Save Time: The amount of additional time that can be spent scheduling appointments, traveling, and waiting in a dentist’s chair for a traditional crown is much more than what is required if you can do it all in a single visit. This gives you more time to be out doing the things that you enjoy.
3. Get a Digital Map of Your Mouth: Dentists can use the digital imaging created by CEREC to monitor changes in your dental health. This can help improve the overall treatment that you receive.
4. Noninvasive procedure: The gagging on dental impressions is not an issue with CEREC’s image system.
5. No Temporary Crowns: Temporary crowns are often ill-fitting or even painful for some patients. Avoid them altogether.
6. Match Your Tooth Color: CEREC’s implants have multiple colors, so you can work directly with our dentist to find a color that blends naturally with your natural teeth.
7. Safe Materials: CEREC crowns are made from materials that mimic the body and have the same characteristics that your natural tooth enamel has. This means they act, look, and feel more like your natural teeth.
8. Less Prone to Cracks: CEREC’s fit and materials make them less prone to cracking from traditional crowns. The precise fit makes sure that they aren’t subjected to abnormal stresses that result from improper fit or placement.
9. Designed for You: The measurement system is so accurate for your specific needs that you may not even notice that you have an implant after a few days.
10. Natural Look and Feel: The surface of the CEREC crown is designed to feel just like your natural teeth. The color options are also designed to look just like your natural teeth, so people won’t know that you have an implant.
If you are considering the need for a crown, you should consider a CEREC same day crown. Contact us and schedule an appointment today to review your options to give you a confident smile you deserve.